Dame Margaret Lloyd George opened the new school bridge at a ceremony held in 1938. It was built at a cost of £700 across the Dolgellau - Barmouth road to enable pupils to access the senior girls' boarding house at Penycoed. The Head Girl, Gaynor Williams, presented Dame Margaret with a pair of golden scissors, and Ann Alun Pugh (later Lady Kibbert) presented a bouquet.
Uploaded by:Sue Ogden
Approximate date of item: From: -- - 1938
To: -- - ----