Click on the image to make it bigger.
'Pen' was purchased in 1935 and was the largest of the school boarding houses. It was reached from the main school via the school bridge. The bridge still acts as a gateway to Dolgellau today.
From the bridge it was quite a steep climb through the woods, then past fields with livestock - including lambs gambolling about in the spring. Then it was through the Kissing Gate and up again, going into 'Pen' at the back door - never the main entrance.