Click on the image to make it bigger.
This photograph shows groups of girls sitting and standing in the grounds adjacent to a part of the building then used as a hall. In later years this was to become a gymnasium. The new school hall and library extension would not be added until 1939. For now a tennis net is set up on the patch of grass that would one day be occupied by Miss Nightingale's splendid oak panelled hall and library.